Thursday 21 January 2016

Lastlings + my love of sibling acts 



As I am writing this post I am listening to 'Blackstar', Bowie's final gift to the world. Can I just say, Bowie was a phenomenal character, a true showman, a pioneer, a visionary and an artist. R.I.P.





I don't hide the fact from anyone who knows me that I have a massive soft spot for bro/sis bands, especially the mighty fine Angus and Julia Stone. Maybe because my early early teens (12), my own sister and I were that close making it a band, conveniently named 'Brother&Sister'. So when I heard that 'Lastings' were also a bro/sis duo I almost wept. How can these families have so much musical talent, when mine, whilst full amazing people, have none?

On Facebook they list their genre as dreamy. Hit the nail on the head there. Amy and Joshua Dowdle, who make up Aussie duo 'Lastlings' have grabbed a bit of attention lately. They have been played on Triple J and performed at a few festivals. Their track 'Chills' will do just that. As you lay back into a fluffy cloud, Amy's angel like voice will calm the soul. I have had this on repeat for nearly 24 hrs (until 'Blackstar') and I ain't over it yet. Their other available tracks 'Verona' and 'Wavelength' are equally as pleasant, full of glossy comforting synths and beautiful vocals. The Gold Coast siblings are unsigned at present, and have a few tracks up on both Soundcloud and Unearthed for you to check out. They have also just released an EP called 'Unreality' just the other day that shows two new songs. you can listen here I see big things from them. They are only new to the game and Amy is still in high school. Just wait and see, but I'm sure the Aussie music scene will embrace them and we will all know their name soon enough. Look how cool they are!




Chills



Verona 



Wavelength 

No comments:

Post a Comment