Tuesday 1 March 2016


Birth of 13 new Cubs 




The thing I am most looking forward to right now is finally getting to hear an album that I have been wanting for years now. A few singles here and there, EPs and even a few name changes, but 2016 is the year Brizzy indie/pop band currently named 'Cub Sport' are gracing us with a full length album. The excitement is pretty high in my books.


I first discovered Tim Nelson's voice many years ago, when the band Tim Nelson and the Cub Scouts had a beautiful track called 'Pinocchio' up on Unearthed (I think away). I also think he was part of a three piece called Hello Yoko and I'm pretty sure I still have them on my iPod. Anyway, out seeing gigs 'Cub Scouts' (their next evolution/name change) keep jumping up as the supports for many acts here in Melbourne. Overall, I believe I have seen them about 3 times within a few years. I have always liked their sound, which was fun indie/pop. Every time they popped up, I would be like “oh these guys again, I like these guys!”. They released a few beauty singles such as 'Pool' + 'Evie' + 'Paradise' + 'Do You Hear'. Which helped feed my appetite, but when I'm extra hungry I check out their social media platforms. Now if you are into cute dogs and watching people eat, then I suggest you check out their Instagram and especially their YouTube channel. There is plenty of odd entertainment there.





This band has really developed over their music career and people are starting to really notice.
We have already been exposed to two bloody rippa singles that will be on their new album This Is Our Vice, 'I can't Save You and Only Friend. Both are more mature than previous works, which I'm guessing that this is the direction they may want to head in. They mix catchy riffs with genuine, mature lyrics and concepts so well, that the listener can either jump around or kick back with a beer and hear what they have to say. Check out right I can't Save You and Only Friend here.








The Album is droppin here in Oz this Friday the 4th of March. It's worth scouting out your local record store to pick it up, thus supporting our own talent. Or order it here. They are also hitting the road all over OZ during March/April and Europe later in the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment