Saturday 14 November 2015



'Everybody wants'  Half Moon Run   


That song that stops you in your tracks and speaks your actually thoughts. As a young dude in this crazy world, I have been thinking a lot about the impact social media has on us all. Sometimes, it's easier to display that you're something through social media when in fact you're not. It seems in this day and age people often self promote through various social media platforms, the type of person they want others to think they are. We are all guilty of it, as we often only offer the positives in our lives rather than the negatives. Only natural to make others think your life is full of fun adventures.

Well, while I was having all these thoughts I was scrolling through my Instagram account and my good friend Tom Odell had posted a picture that he labeled as his 'new favourite album'. The album was 'Sun Leads Me On' by Half Moon Run. Because Tom said it's his fav, I instantly downloaded it on Itunes. After a listen I was blown away, a diverse album full of rocky beats and mellow storytelling. The lead singer's voice was bloody beautiful! Canadian band, Half Moon Run have been around since 2010 releasing two albums, one mid this year. Why have I only heard about them now?


After a few more listens one song screamed out louder for love than the others. It's not the heaviest song on the album but it is a builder. 'Everybody wants' starts off slow with a lyric that instantly speaks to me, 'Everybody wants to be someone else. Everyone needs to be somewhere else. To fit right in, to be ordinary but not the same'. The song then builds perfectly with added instruments and echoing backing vocals.
This song is magic and can really make you think, which I always love from a song. 'Everybody wants' is not a single and it's presence isn't really online for me to show you. That's the gift you sometimes get from exploring a full album, you may fall in love with a track that may not get noticed at all by others.



You can download the album here or stream it here

No comments:

Post a Comment