Friday 20 November 2015

My sad song.. 

'Let It Be Me' by Ray LaMontagne





Adele's Hello has got me thinking. The song is sad and people have posted their crying reactions to the song. People still dig a emotional belter! Whilst 'Hello' doesn't give me the tears ( I still like to belt it though), I wanted to share my favourite sad song. My go to song when I feel like shit. What I put on to match my emotions but also uplift me enough to get out of my drizzly mood. It's great to have that song that you can always turn to and no matter what will deliver the goods that you are looking for. I've shared this song with close friends that have been down in the dumps and its allowed them to cry their hearts out, then they have said that the song makes them feel happy after the tears have gone. Music is therapy, and now I'm sharing it with you, thank me later.  







The therapist is Ray LaMontagne. He is an American singer/songwriter who has been in the game since 1999 and has released 5 studio albums. His music is brilliant and you will often hear his music in touching scenes on both film and TV. 


LaMontagne's song that really gets me is 'Let It Be Me'. Listen below-





Verse 1, just sums up the feeling of being shut down, stomped on and spat out. Feeling completely helpless. Which is a feeling that everyone goes through from time to time. It's like this verse speaks to you and can relate to what you are going through. It's nice when someone(thing) just gets you. Then the chorus comes in just when the tears are flowing and wraps it's big cuddly arms around you. “If it's a friend you need, let it be me”. The chorus is like a loving mum that tells you it will all be ok. Its comforting and I love it. But just when you start to feel a little bit better, verse 2 comes in and helps you release that last bit of the sookies.


This song is so powerful to me, and it will always be. I hold it close to me when I need it. Now you can adopt it as your own or feel free to post below your cry song.  

No comments:

Post a Comment