Monday 30 November 2015


Summer playlist suggestions and my Aussiest post to date




For us Aussies summer is coming and it's damn exciting. For me, Summer entails lots of beer, beach and BBQs, so having a great summer playlist is a must! There is nothing better than sitting back in the sun and listening to some great tunes. What I look for in a Summer playlist is that easy chilled out feel with a beat that flows and makes you feel like there isn't a care in the world. I've always believed that certain music can be classified into certain seasons. For example Jack Johnson in my opinion can only be classified as a Summer type artist whilst Adele's music is something that I would listen to on a cold Winters day rugged up by the fire with a glass of red wine. Just me?
Anyway I have two new artists that you may want to add to your Summer playlist if you're keen. 




First artist that you may consider is newly signed Brizzy born, Kita Alexander. She's young, surfy and has a sonic aesthetic with catchy chorus that will leave you wanting to jump into the waves. She has made a few waves on Triple J with her two singles and has just been signed to Atlantic Records. I first heard about her when I brought my ticket for the Jarryd James and Meg Mac gig that is later on in December, which Alexander is the support. After checking her out I found myself singing her songs in my head over and over again. She is a perfect addition to a Summer playlist and I can't wait to see her live next month!


Check out her two singles here








You can also download her EP here






The second artist that I would like to put on the table for your playlist is Dan Kelly. Been active in music since 2003, Kelly has released lots of material under alias names and with other bands/artists but has recently released his second solo album called Leisure Panic. It's great! Full of twisty, wacky but smart lyrics, plenty of bass guitar and feel good moments. I first discovered Dan when he released his single Bindi Irwin Apocalypse ( 2010) and was very impressed. But I only found out whilst writing this piece that he is the nephew of Aussie icon Paul Kelly. Dan's accent, style of singing and lyrics in some songs do remind of a male Courtney Barnett, but his music flows easier through the ears. If you want to feel even Aussier during your fam BBQ add Dan to your playlist.

Check out his lead single here 



Download his Album here 

No comments:

Post a Comment